Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Step 1: Check!

Last Wednesday and Thursday were really great days at the WLA! It was almost like karma was making up for all the difficult decisions that I had to make one Monday, which was really appreciated. I focused on the very last part of my collection and all of the documents within it was specific to the primary organization. It was a little tedious at points, but it was also extremely easy to understand what was relevant and worth keeping. It was a great feeling after the uncertainty that I had on Monday.

Another great part of last week was that I finished processing the collection. It was a great feeling of accomplishment! It is nice knowing that tomorrow I am not going back to the same box to do the same thing that I have been doing, but instead get to learn new things! Don't get me wrong, I really really enjoy looking through the boxes. I really enjoy making those decisions to decide if I believe something is important enough to keep or not, as much as it seems like I complain about it. I really enjoy that aspect of everything, and can't wait to do it again when the time comes. But I am also looking forward to learning the other aspects that are involved in processing a collection. I'm extremely excited to learn more about what it means to be an archivist. I'm very optimistic about what is coming this week and I can't wait to start!!

No comments:

Post a Comment